A communicative approach to learning for successful performance in the TOEFL iBT™ Exam.
Complete preparation and practice, in book and online, for flexible learning that will keep your students motivated.
The Oxford Preparation Course for the TOEFL iBT Exam gives students the key skills for success on all four sections of the exam. The course takes a communicative approach that reflects current methodologies designed to maximize language acquisition. The dynamic, relevant topics will appeal to students and teachers, offering an opportunity to engage in meaningful research and thought-provoking discussions. Multimedia support brings the program to life and the companion website provides students with online practice tests and valuable extra resources.
- Student's Book Pack
- Teaches independent and integrated skills to successfully prepare students for the TOEFL Internet-Based Test
- A skills-based communicative approach using current methodologies and based on ETS research
- Theme-based chapters with high-interest topics
- Complete integration of all 570 word families on the Academic Word List, through exercises, activities, and flash cards
- Audio CDs (6)
- Complete listening material to accompany exercises in the book
- Conversations and lectures carefully designed to match the language level of the actual exam
- Companion Website (www.eltexamprep.com)
- Unlock code included for student use as part of class or for self-study
- Information and downloadable resources including AWL study cards, transcripts and presentations
- Online Practice Tests
- Diagnostic test and three complete online tests give authentic practice and build confidence
- For use in test mode, or in practice mode with study support tools such as feedback, audio scripts and access to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
- Step-by-step instructions and summary charts clearly outline the best approach to each type of question
- Exam-specific skills including note-taking, speed reading, paraphrasing, and summarizing are reinforced throughout the text
- Exam tips assist in ensuring students attain the highest possible TOEFL score
- Students are given ample opportunities to sharpen their skills by completing practice exercises and three complete practice tests
- Includes contextualized skills instruction that is essential for success at colleges and universities
- The texts companion website, at www.eltexamprep.com, is a hub of resources related to the Oxford Preparation Course for the TOEFL iBT Exam. Instructors and students can find an extensive inventory of classroom-based and independent study suggestions, as well as PowerPoint presentations, complete listening transcripts, and Academic Word List study cards for the entire AWL. The website also features the Diagnostic Chapter, the full test content from Chapters 7 and 8, and an additional test for students to complete as part of their preparation. This test content is hosted on the Oxford English Testing website and includes a Learner Management System that allows instructors to assign tests, track progression, and see individual student or class results
- The audio component features six discs full of listening exercises that emulate the TOEFL listening section. Conversations and lectures have been carefully designed to match the language level of the actual exam, and Academic Word List items have been incorporated throughout
To use the online practice, you'll need an email address to open an account at www.oxfordenglishtesting.com.
Internet Explorer 7 or above, Firefox 3 or above, Safari 3 or above
Adobe™ Reader (available free from www.adobe.com)
Adobe™ Flash Player 9 or above (available free from www.adobe.com)
128 MB RAM
Colour monitor capable of 1024 x 768 resolution
Sound card with headphones or speakers
Broadband Internet connection