Highly readable and authoritative
Claer definitions of concepts, ideas and terminology of English language teaching
Every teacher and teacher trainer needs this book
A fully cross-referenced, alphabetical guide to ELT
- Explains grammatical, phonological, and lexical terms
- Describes language teaching techniques, methods and theories
- Expands common acronyms of language varieties and major organizations
- Suggests ways of teaching coomon grammar points
- Includes helpful cross references and further reading suggestions
- Provides straightforward, authoritative answers to questions such as :
What's the difference between coherence and cohesion?
Why use an inductive approach?
What is TPR?
How can I teach must, have to, needn't?
Where can I find more information about English as an international language?